Spring made a very brief appearance, but I was too busy to notice. And finally this week, I have a breather. That’s when I noticed that summer’s already half gone! And our baby goes off to college in mid-August, so that leaves us with one month to squeeze in these important family activities.
- Over half of my family is at Sonshine Festival right now. It’s so much fun seeing the kids excited about a festival that my husband and I attended when we first married.
- On Tuesday, our son goes in for jaw surgery. 🙁 It’s a necessary surgery, but nothing life-threatening. Still prayers are coveted. He’s not thrilled about the liquid diet he’ll be on for six weeks. I told him we could purée pizza and spaghetti. For some reason, he vetoed that idea.
- We just purchased our opening night tickets for the next Marvel movie, Guardians of the Galaxy. Can not wait to see that! (Anyone else have Hooked on a Feeling stuck in their heads?) And we’ve yet to venture to the Mall of America for Star Trek: The Exhibition. (Can you tell we’re geeks?)
- Our college-grad daughter is auditioning for a show in Branson, so she and I will be making a quick trip down there, if you can call a 12-hour drive, one way, quick. I’m hoping to stop in the Omaha / Council Bluffs area on the way home to see numerous friends.
- Also, in this next month, I’d like to drive up to Minot, ND (only a 10 hour drive one way!). My sister’s talked with a bookstore owner in the city who said she’d be glad to welcome me. 🙂
- We’d also love to squeeze in field trips to Minnehaha Falls, Annie’s Parlour, the Stone Arch Bridge, Lion’s Tap, another Twins game… Oh my! It looks like our plans are far bigger than our calendar has days. Well, at least we won’t be bored!
What plans do you have for the remainder of the summer?