After I had this post written & prepared, my husband reminded me that I promised Part 2 of my novel anticipation post today. Oops! Hopefully you won’t mind waiting until Tuesday the 20th for the rest of my novel list.
Once again, several movies make my can’t-wait-to-see list. Of course, that doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll all pass muster. Last year’s list included favorites Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, X-Men: Days of Future Past, and How To Train Your Dragon 2. But the list also included movies for which I had high expectations, but their delivery was so-so: Maleficent, The Monuments Men, and The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies.
That doesn’t stop me from hoping that each of the 2015 movies lives up to its billing. We’ll be at the theater, legs propped up in the uber-comfortable recliner seats, popcorn buckets in hand, enjoying two-plus hours of no phones ringing, no dirty house begging to be cleaned, no one yelling for Mom. It’s pretty close to paradise. 😉
- American Sniper – I love movies about true-life heroes. This biographical movie depicting U.S. Navy SEAL Chris Kyle’s life will be a tough one to watch, but I’m anticipating coming away with a deeper appreciation for what our troops go through.
- Still Alice – Based on the gut-wrenching novel by Lisa Genova about a Harvard professor who receives the diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease. It was a tough book to read–I’m certain the movie will follow suit.
- Cinderella – Another live-action fairy tale that has a look similar to last year’s Maleficent (the story fell short, IMO). Here’s hoping Cinderella will be an improvement. If not, I’ll just have to dig out Ever After again.
- The Divergent Series: Insurgent – Not being a dystopian fan, I was completely surprised by the first movie in this series, Divergent. We’ll see if this one holds my interest.
- The Avengers: Age of Ultron – To say this is my most anticipated movie of 2015 is an understatement. The trailers released so far only enhance my anticipation. Our entire family is already planning to take the day off and spend it at the theater (assuming they have another Avengers marathon as they did when The Avengers released.) Yes, we are total Marvel movie geeks! But you knew that already, didn’t you? 🙂
- Jurassic World – When Jurassic Park came out in 1993, my husband and I took a very rare evening out to the theater. It was well worth the seats, the popcorn, and the babysitter. Now, I often use the original as an example of excellent storytelling. Too bad the second and third Jurassic movies didn’t follow suit. But the trailer for Jurassic World hints at having a much better story line, and it doesn’t hurt that Chris Pratt is playing the hero.
- Inside Out – From terrifying dinosaurs to a cartoon peak inside of our heads. With Pixar behind this movie, I’ve no doubt it will be another winner.
- Minions – How is it that yellow, tubular shaped creatures have totally captured our hearts? I can’t explain it, but I’m looking forward to seeing them in their own movie, and judging by what I see on my Facebook and Pinterest pages, I know I’m not alone.
- Ant-Man – This is one Marvel movie I’m skeptical about. Its production hasn’t gone smoothly. We’ll see if they got all the kinks worked out …
And then we have a huge movie drought until November, at least for my taste, and then it’s a movie that I’m so-so about seeing …
- The Good Dinosaur – I know little about this movie other than that it’s another Pixar production. Dare I say I’m skeptical about a Pixar movie?
What movies are you looking forward to seeing in 2015?