And now, O Israel,
what does the Lord your God ask of you
but to fear the Lord your God,
to walk in all his ways,
to love him,
to serve the Lord your God
with all your HEART
and with all your soul.
- Am I serving God to the fullest if I do not ensure that my heart is in its top physical condition? 1 Corinthians 6:19 says that our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. We are not our own.
- What kind of temple have I created for Him to reside?
- In this culture of first impressions, will people see past my body to hear my witness?
- Gluttony is a sin that doesn’t hide. People can be drinkers … adulterers … thieves … But you wouldn’t know that just by passing them on the street. Whereas, if you overeat … If you don’t exercise … the truth is screamed out to the world.
- Do I turn to food for stress-relief instead of to God? If love is an action, which do I really love more? God or food? When I turn to food, have I not then turned his temple into a warehouse for idols?
Just a few things to think on …